Many people do not have the time or funds to visit a gym, but that does not mean you can't exercise well at home.
There are many more ways to get a solid cardio workout at home besides using cardio devices like ellipticals and treadmills, which are great for raising your heart rate.
Utilizing your body weight is one of the best ways to get a cardio workout at home. Pushups, sit-ups, and squats are all awesome body workouts that increase heart rate and burn calories. You can also add some cardio timing if you want a tougher workout.
Cardio timing is brief periods of intense exercise followed by rest time. For example, you could sprint for 30 seconds and then walk for another 30. It is a type of workout that is great for losing fat and can increase your heart rate.
There are several great choices if you want a terrific cardio workout. And in this article, you learn about some of them. Read on.
1. Squat Jumps
The full-body workout known as the squat jump tackles the lower body. Your lower body parts include the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves. It is also a great way to raise your heart rate.
But due to the high-impact nature of this hard exercise, you should land slowly to safeguard your joints. You can also do the workout without jumping if the force is too great for you.
Also, you can watch workout videos, take time, and begin with easy jumps. Squat jumps are strong body moves that help in weight loss. As a result, you get slimmer and toned glutes.
However, avoid this exercise if you suffer from discomfort or pain.
To perform this body exercise, follow the steps below:
- Start with your feet around hip wide apart and your core engaged.
- To squat, bend at the knees. Squat as low as you can, and put your fingertips on the ground if you can. Ensure to take the hips back to keep the knees from coming under too much stress.
- Jump into the air while still squatting, and raise the hips until the body is straight.
- Then slowly land on the balls of your feet by rolling backward to absorb the stress in the heels.
- Use various arm motions to vary the challenge as you repeat for 30 to 60 seconds.
2. Jogging in Place
If you're always confined indoors, jogging in place is good exercise. It is one of the easiest full-body workouts to raise your heart rate. However, there is no forward motion or wind force, so it is not as intense as running outside.
However, jogging up and down the stairs or around the home while using your arms can help you sweat a little more.
Below are steps to take to do this workout:
- Lift your knees as you jog while flapping your arms.
- As you grow used to the exercise, transition into a light jog while keeping your feet close to the ground.
- Every time you jog, bring your heels up to your glutes.
- As you jog faster, elevate your knees or lift your arms overhead.
- Repeat as many times as you can for 30 to 60 seconds. You can also include it in a cardio circuit.
3. Mountain Climbers
Advanced, heavy exercises like mountain climbers will raise your heart rate. It will also intensify your workouts.
Mountain climber is a great all-around full-body workout. The reason is that it will help improve your speed and leg power.
But if you haven't made this move, take your time and start with slow sets. And avoid this activity if you have any pain and distress.
Also, for this exercise, you'll need a lot of core power and upper-body stamina. And to do this body exercise, follow these steps:
- Begin in a plank position with your torso straight and your hands below your shoulders. Also, ensure you brace your abs and flatten your back.
- Then, as you bring your right knee toward your chest, place the left foot flat on the ground.
- Then, jump up and bring your left foot in and the right foot out as you switch the feet in the air.
- Do this for 30 to 60 seconds as you keep switching your feet as fast as you can while staying safe.
4. Jumping Jacks With Resistance Band
What is a good weekly workout plan without jumping jacks? So ensure to include some jumping jacks for a full body workout.
It is a basic body exercise that raises your heart rate while working your entire body.
As a result, doing the exercise serves multiple purposes. Each time you pull the band, your back gets engaged too. To perform this workout at home, follow these steps:
- Put both hands straight up in the air while holding the band. Ensure that your hands are not too far from the band. The reason is that it will help to exert stress as you pull the band down. But let it not be too tight.
- Start jumping with your feet width apart. Also, keep opening the band and pulling the elbows to either side of the torso.
- Then bring your arms back and focus on tightening your back.
- After that, jump your feet back together as you raise your arms back overhead.
- Ensure to repeat it every 30 to 60 seconds.
5. Front Kick Lunge
Front kick lunge is a terrific exercise. It also doesn't require any special devices to perform it. Although it has a minor effect, it is not low intensity.
Also, engaging the glutes and thighs by finishing with a low lunge that touches the floor can increase heart rate.
To do this cardio workout at home, ensure you follow these steps below:
- Bring your right knee up while standing with your feet about hip-width apart.
- Make a front kick with your right leg extended. But be careful so you do not lock or overextend the knee.
- Also, ensure you keep your balance on your left leg. Then bring your leg back and right away extend it behind you into a straight-leg reverse lunge.
- Then reach your fingertips down to the floor as low as you can.
- Make a move, reposition your right leg, and kick while standing up.
- Repeat the kick and low lunge combo for a minute, then repeat it on the opposite side for a minute.
Most people may vividly recall burpees from their high school gym class days. It is a complex exercise and very powerful.
The reason is that it engages every muscle in the body and raises the heart rate very fast.
The action is easy yet pretty taxing on the heart, muscles, and lungs. Therefore, add it to your cardio workout to increase the difficulty and improve your power. Also, it can help increase your speed and stamina.
To do this body exercise the right way, ensure to follow these steps:
- Put your hands on the floor in front of you as you squat down from a standing position with your feet about hip-width apart.
- Then push yourself up onto your hands and toes in a straight line while jumping hard with your feet extended behind you.
- On your knees or toes, perform a pushup. Though this is optional, it adds quite a bit of intensity.
- Then jump your feet back into a squat. Jump up, reaching your arms upward. Repeat for 15 reps or 60 seconds.
Bottom Line: Do a Cardio Workout Today
If you're on a transform mission, above is a wide range of fast moves you can do. Also, it can create complex, intense cardio workout moves at home without any device.
These full body workouts are hard, and you have got to know some of them in this article. So pick a few and only do them at the speed and intensity that are good for your fitness level.
You can seek the help of a personal trainer if you're confused about the workout. Also, you can watch workout videos while at home.
Note that for a perfect result, add the best diet plan for weight loss with these moves. So what are you waiting for? Get moving and start burning those calories. Good luck.