Why Can't I Restore WhatsApp Chats on My New iPhone?
When you get a new iPhone, the desire to transfer WhatsApp data to the new iPhone often arises. However, you may encounter the dilemma of “WhatsApp chats not restored to new iPhone” or WhatsApp backup takes forever. Why does this happen? Some common reasons are as follows:
- Unstable Network Connectivity: An unstable internet connection can prevent seamless recovery of WhatsApp data from a cloud backup.
- Backup Unavailability: If the backup creation is incomplete or non-existent and a valid WhatsApp backup is missing, recovery will be hampered.
- Apple ID Mismatch: If the Apple ID on your new iPhone is different from the Apple ID used to create the WhatsApp backup, recovery will not work.
How to Fix WhatsApp Chats Not Restored to New iPhone
Resolving the problem of WhatsApp chats not being restored to your new iPhone involves several methods. Let's have a look!
Method 1: Check Internet Connectivity
For successful iCloud backup and recovery, a reliable and consistent internet connection is essential. To check internet connectivity, you can choose to switch to an alternate Wi-Fi connection or cycle the connection by turning it off and then on again. Additionally, a practical method includes verifying your internet environment by visiting websites to determine its performance.
Method 2: Delete WhatsApp Backup from iCloud and Backup Again
When you meet the “WhatsApp chats not restored to new iPhone” issue, you can try to restart the process by deleting the existing backup and creating a new WhatsApp backup. Here's how to delete a WhatsApp backup from iCloud:
Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your current iPhone > Tap Apple ID [Your Name] > Go to iCloud.
Step 2: Navigate to Manage Storage > WhatsApp Messager > Identify and select the data you want to delete > Click Delete to confirm the deletion.
After deleting your WhatsApp backup on iCloud, then you need to back up your WhatsApp data to iCloud again. The process unfolds as follows:
Step 1: Open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone > Go to the Settings section > Choose Chats > Chat Backup > Enable Backup Now.
Once the backup is complete, you can try to restore your WhatsApp data to your new iPhone again to check if the issue is fixed.
Method 3: Verify Apple ID
If you have made a new backup of your WhatsApp data but still cannot restore it to your new iPhone from iCloud backup. In this case, you need to verify that the existing and new iPhones use the same Apple ID and WhatsApp phone number.
Alternative Way to Transfer WhatsApp Chats to New iPhone
If the restoration process of a WhatsApp backup stalls, an alternative way to restore your WhatsApp content to a new iPhone is to use FoneTool – a safe, powerful, and user-friendly WhatsApp data transfer tool. With FoneTool, you can transfer WhatsApp data, including chat history and attached media, from your old iPhone to your new iPhone smoothly.
Why choose FoneTool? Some advantages of using FoneTool to transfer your WhatsApp chats are listed below:
- One-Click Transfer: FoneTool eliminates complicated steps by ensuring that you can transfer WhatsApp chats from one iPhone to another with just one click.
- Comprehensive Migration: FoneTool ensures complete migration of your WhatsApp data including chats and other attachments to your new device.
- No Backup Required: This WhatsApp transfer software eliminates the need for backups and allows you to perform transfers directly without intermediate steps.
- User-Friendly Interface: FoneTool's intuitive interface ensures that both novice and experienced users can easily navigate and perform the transfer process.
So, how to transfer WhatsApp data to your new iPhone? Now connect the source and target devices to your computer and then follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Run FoneTool > Click WhatsApp Manager > Choose WhatsApp Transfer > Ensure that the source and target iPhones are positioned on the right side > Click Start Transfer.
Step 2: Upon encountering a prompt message, take a moment to carefully read it and then proceed by clicking Confirm.
Step 3: If your iPhone operates on iOS 16, you'll be prompted to input your passcode. Simply do so and then click OK.
The Bottom Line
After reading this post, you know how to fix the “WhatsApp chats not restored to new iPhone” issue. If you are tired of trying these methods, you can directly use FoneTool to one-click transfer your WhatsApp data from your old iPhone to your iPhone. In addition to transferring your WhatsApp data, FoneTool also helps you easily transfer all your data from your old iPhone to your new one.