Environmental protection is everyone's responsibility. The environment is directly related to human life. At the same time, the human being is part of the environment and an active component in it. Therefore, environmental protection is an unavoidable necessity, so that living beings can live in good health and peace, especially since the environment is everything that surrounds humans, animals, and plants. Since it surrounds it, this means that it is affected by it and affects it at the same time. Any damage to water, air, and soil will affect the environment since they are its elements.
1. What is environmental protection?
Environmental protection refers to all the ecological protection measures for biotopes in order to maintain human health. Environmental protection has several functions and involves different ecological principles. It prevents environmental damage (prevention), suppresses it (repression), and restores (bioremediation) natural resources as much as possible.Their polluters should take responsibility for environmental management (polluter pays principle) and should not be used to their advantage (cooperation principle). Environmental protection also includes ethical and aesthetic requirements. Environmental protection focuses both on different parts of the natural environment (such as soil, water, air, climate) and on the interactions between them.
2. What are the measures to take for environmental protection?
There are lots of little things each of us can do to help in environmental protection. Here are some suggestions that will help you actively participate in this task.2.1 Using environmentally and biodegradable materials. For example, you can use paper bags or environmentally bags instead of plastic bags. These plastic bags are not easily or quickly degradable compared to other types of waste, especially organic ones. The use of plastic bags does not help at all in environmental protection. Not only that, but those bags or non-dissolving waste in general, when they reach marine animals, including fish, they completely eliminate them when they are swallowed or interfered with water, for example, sea turtles may ingest them because they think they are jellyfish and then cause their death by suffocation.2.2 Preserve water; by reducing water consumption:
- Turn off the faucet while washing hands or brushing teeth.
- Install a faucet aerator or even a low-flow showerhead, which can cut the amount of water you use in half.
- Keep a bottle of water in the fridge, so you always have fresh water on hand. It will save you from running tap water.
- Wait until the dishwasher is full to start it on.
- Take shorter showers.
Related: What are the environmental issues and their possible solutions?2.3 Throw rubbish in the right place. Do not throw rubbish anywhere. Instead, it was committed to placing it in the area designated for it. There is now a system for sorting rubbish according to its type in many countries, where it separates paper waste and organic waste ... etc., each separately, which facilitates the process of recycling afterward. Recycling garbage is one of the most important means of environmental protection and keeping it free from pollution. The earth is a trust. By ourselves and future generations, we have to pay attention and save what remains.2.4 Toxic products; many chemicals are harmful to humans, animals, plants, and the environment. Therefore, it is essential to reduce their use as much as possible and dispose of them properly. Try to remember to:
- Read labels carefully and avoid toxic products as much as possible.
- Preferably use natural products like vinegar and baking soda to clean, or one of the many non-toxic products on the market.
- Do not throw electronic devices such as cell phones or items such as batteries, propane tanks, and paint containers in the trash. It is important to take them to a specialized collection center.
2.5 Planting; every individual in the global community is responsible towards the environment. Therefore, his contribution to tree planting helps to clear the atmosphere, and as an advice in this regard, it is better to grow perennial trees, because just planting is only a delay in solving the problem, so the trees send when it dies, carbon dioxide gas in the atmosphere and the cultivation of old trees give shade to homes, which means a lower cooling bill, for example, along with many benefits.
To help in environmental protection, we must recycle recyclable materials and conserve nature. Recyclable materials should not be thrown in the trash because they are then buried in what is called a landfill. Purification stations will receive dirty water to purify it to go back again to nature without polluting. Avoid discharges to protect soil pollution, and burying harmful chemicals so that they do not harm anyone.
- Having several headaches and possible causes
- Safe environment and human contact with animals
- Backpacking Solo: 7 Essential Tips Before Your Hike
- Eight montessori activities to entertain children in containment
- Accommodation, transport, and food, a complete guide to travel to germany
Originally published on Live Positively.